Friday, March 05, 2004

iTunes Music Store is great. You can download full, virus-free music from a vast database of songs and albums over a wide range of genres. However, I do have some complaints.

First, I have a 1st-generation iPod, and so it cannot play AAC files, which is the format used for iTunes Music Store.

Second, they are "protected" files and so I cannot convert them to MP3 format, which my iPod will accept.

Third, you have to pay for the music, which sucks. You see, I used to use Kazaa without moral qualms (I don't see the wrong in it), but then I must have gotten a virus and I had to reinstall everything. And so, because I don't want to take that risk again, I guess I'll have to pay, or find a file-sharing program that doesn't have backdoors, through which these viruses pass.

No comments: