Sunday, August 28, 2005



Hurricane Katrina is barreling down toward Louisiana as I write, and New Orleans has been nearly completely evacuated as a federal emergency exists for Louisiana and Mississippi, as well as "other parts of the northern Gulf coast states", according to the New York Times. The Louisiana Times-Picayune projects that Katrina "could build to a top-of-the-chart Category 5 storm, with winds of 155 mph or higher," according to "National Hurricane Center Director Max Mayfield". NHC's projection for Katrina's most likely path is above. According to the Red Cross, New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin said that "'a storm this big heading directly toward it'" was unprecedented. (Relief efforts can be found at the above link.) Preparing for the worst, I extend my condolences to those whose lives will be affected, and to the survivors my deepest sympathies, by this storm.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dawn Eden's Blog On: Think big! HS twins tell peers
Most high schoolers' blogs are the online equivalent of perfumed diaries or locker-room walls - outlets for teens to gossip, confess and network with their pals.
Get Your Email Service

Anonymous said...

Hey, what's up? Listen, I read like 20 blogs per day and skim about 30 more so when I say you have a knack for writing, I mean it! Coming from the coolest guy on the planet. that's not to be taken lightly! ;-)

Anyways, happy blogging, keep it up! People like me DO actually read these things!

Dave the Blog Addict, The Planet's Coolest Guy!

Anonymous said...

I Feel Blessed but I'M not Spoilt
A FLEET of luxury cars is at her disposal - a Mercedes, a Lexus and a Porsche convertible.
Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you and i like your blog! If you like, go see my indianapolis yellow pages related site. You may still find something of interest.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is great . If I can help, let me know. If you ever need in printing done, I'm sure you'd be interested in post card printers Try post card printers

Anonymous said...

Blogs - the future of communication
Anyone who hasn't yet heard of blogging has probably been living under a rock. Just a few years ago, these online editorials, diaries, and other collections of random thoughts were the exclusive territory of ...
Love your work! I'm definitely going to bookmark you and stop back soon!

I have an Adverse Remortgage site/blog. It pretty much covers everything to do with resolving adverse remortgage situations.

Check it out if you get a minute :-) I'd appreciate your feedback.

Anonymous said...

This blog is awesome! If you get a chance you may want to visit this Free PDF Writer site, it's pretty awesome too!

Anonymous said...

Dont you just love blogs! Gives everybody a chance to say what they are thinking! Here is one of my websitesyeast vaginitis related site. It isn't anything special as I am still learning, but you may still find something of interest.